Sunday, June 2, 2013

Plan B

This weekend I had a significant realization. I am working toward plan B. 

When I address Plan B I'm not referring to the morning after pill. What I'm talking about is Plan B for my life. Plan B, is my safe plan, the plan other people tell me I'm good at with a secure career and income.

However, this week I had a chance to observe some Plan B career people and although they are terrific at their job, I could not see myself living out Plan B. (To keep it simple.)

"He took him outside and said, "Look up at the sky and count the stars-if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Abram believed the Lord, and he credited  it to him as righteousness.

Gen. 15:5-6

The point is, my faith needs strengthened. Working to complete Plan B and attempting Plan A (My heart's real desires) on the side is not what a father of freedom wants for me (or you). Plan A is risky. Abram heard the Lord and left his family for new land, which was risky, but the Lord provided. 


I would like to encourage you to read Genesis 15 this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you reading Denim and Eve! Thank you for the love!