Thursday, June 20, 2013

People Pleasing

   A friend and I discussed his struggle with people pleasing a week ago.

   He said, “I feel like I have to do this or that just so whoever thinks I’m sweet.”

   As soon as he said that a memory came to my mind.

   One time I heard a woman say, “People pleasing was my biggest sin.” She seemed very assure of herself and confident that God was not happy with it. Which had me confused for several years.

    It was not until I witnessed my stressed friend who felt he had been pulled 300 directions that I understood what she tried to explain.

   Father doesn't want us to be slaves to other’s thoughts about us, but to be free in His.

  "Just as you used to offer parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer then in slavery to the righteousness leading to holiness. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from things you are now ashamed of?"

Romans 6:19-21 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you reading Denim and Eve! Thank you for the love!