Saturday, November 3, 2012

National Novel Writing Month


Bring on the late night caffeine cravings, the bags under my eyes and mental breakdowns! National Novel Writing month is here!

This will be my first year as a participant. I’m really excited! 

A week ago I started an outline for a book I've wanted to write for a while, then randomly came across Nanowrimo.com the next day! I had never heard of NaNoWriMo before, it was perfect timing! Now it’s time to settle down and get all my thoughts out and somehow form it into literature. I don’t have huge plans for this book. I'm mainly writing it to prove to myself that if I can put my mind to it, it’s possible.

Dear Family and Friends,

      DO NOT LET ME GIVE UP! Continue to remind me of the winner’s tee shirt and I’ll jump right on my laptop! (If I’m not curled up in a ball crying)

Sincerely,
Your future favorite author

I’m not sure why but the “winners tee” seems like gold to me. Probably because it represents a goal that seems unachievable. 50,000 words is a lot of writing and thinking about how I’m going to cross the finish line makes my head spin. With Gods help, I can do it.

If you are an author in my region or in the competition at all, let me know! I’d love to be writing buddies on the site! Hopefully I will be able to join a couple write-ins around Columbus this month. Can’t wait!

My NaNoWriMo name is: SarahLu

Oh? What am I writing about?
My testimony. The cutthroat raw truth of what happened the day I died to the journey of how I met Jesus. Its purpose is to connect with individuals that have gone though it all and don’t know where to turn. It’s to inspire people to be true to them selves and want to live a life of freedom in God. I hope my life experiences will help people feel that they are not alone in this world and that they are loved and approved of.

The book is currently nameless, so if you have any ideas I’d be more than happy to hear them.

Wish me luck! Say a little prayer and send some chocolate! (If you love me that much)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you reading Denim and Eve! Thank you for the love!