Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This Is What It's All About

As I sat down paroozing through my H&M magazine this morning I thought, "This is what it's all about. This IS one of those simple special moments." It's the 12:47.

I woke up for morning prayer with the house family. The thought, "This is what its all about. The struggles and triumphs all set before God at the start of each day."

 After that I had a date to get ready for! I set out three different outfits on my bed and had my roommate help me choose one. Then the fun began! I really enjoy taking my time getting ready and being girly. I figure being a woman is a gift from God, why not embrace it? That's what it's all about! The three different mascaras and favorite rings."

I go upstairs and while waiting for the bathroom I look over into my new roommates empty room. Thinking about how excited I was for her to get back home. She's such a joy to have in the house. Proceeding again with the thought, "This is what it's all about. The lampless space with the air mattress and 17 perfumes."

Once out for lunch, my date wouldn't stop messing with things on the table. While spinning a carrot from the salad on his plate, he looked up and smiled. I thought, "This is what it's all about; the carrot, the angry waiter, the cold coffee. That gorgeous smile."

I've been praying God would help me take in life more. To embrace it and to enjoy what each day has for me. I've been asking him to fill my empty places and set my heart on the simple beauty.

I'd say today has been an answer to prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate you reading Denim and Eve! Thank you for the love!